Sandeep Nanu - Exiting the Rat Race
Sandeep talks about his first job as a WebDesigner and the lessons he learnt there, including the important of respecting your commitments to other and their time. We discuss his first company, CBeyond – his challenges in dealing with large corporations and his motivation to instead find a better way to work sustainably, which led him to start WriteClick eventually in 2010.
This is a really fun episode, which gives an insight into how Sandeep has prioritized living a fulfilling life over running a rat race. I love his principles!
Episode Length: 1 hour
- 2:00: Sandeep Nanu as a kid.
- 8:00: First job as a Web-designer. Upset clients!
- 10:25: Value of Time and Commitment.
- 16:50: Starting my first company, CBeyond. Creating a strong brand.
- 25:15: Moving to a more focussed work. Changing the business model. Moving towards WriteClick.
- 32:15: So, now how big is WriteClick in 10 years?
- 37:00: Are u now working with smaller clients?
- 41:20: Where is your office? Home?
- 44:00: Importance of being hands-on.
- 47:30: Interesting Fund-Raising story for an NGO.
- 52:30: Time is time. Not Money. Importance of Fun.
- 56:18: Closing statements. Connecting with Nanu.